Kermas Sub-Orbital Space Tourism Vehicle :: Fully Recoverable Boosters
Spacecraft Accident Report
Based on the main findings of this report, it is recommended that:
- L Aerospace should cease comercial operations for the Kermas Sub-Orbital line of vehicles until:
- The air intake limitations while full thrusting when stationary are eliminated.
- Near ground usable additional thrusters or more powerful versions of the current ones, are deployed to enhance the safety margins of the take off.
- The FADEC internals are fully documented and disclosed to the pilots, with proper training and Spacecraft Flight Manual's procedures and checklists updated.
- The Abort System be revised to better cope with different emergency situations.
- Mobile power supply vehicles for the spacecraft be developed, implanted and operational in the facilities used for takeoff and landing.
- The Space Industry, KSC and in special the Game installment, should:
- Allow multiple Abort System Configurations to be selectable by the different phases of the flight.
- Provide infra-structure and procedures for in situ power supply to the spacecraft while stationary on the runway.
- Provide updated and more available maritime parts for rescue ships
- Provide adequate docking infra-structure for such ships.